** Note **
These steps will only work if you have never installed Mathematica on your computer.
1. Insert the CD and this should be the first screen you will see.
2. Click on the button next to the text Install Mathematica to a hard disk
- The installer will begin.
3. Leave the button for Full selected and then click on the Install button.
- Files will begin to install to your computer.
4. Select the option to Enter license information later and then click on the Finish button.
5. Next open up a web browser and go to the following site to begin the registration process. http://register.wolfram.com/
- Once you're on the site enter your License number at the bottom of the page.
- Then click on the Continue button.
6. Select I want to register a product and generate a password and then click Continue.
8. Click on Start, then All Programs (Windows XP) and then find the Mathematica 5.2 folder and then click on Mathematica 5.2 to open the program.
9. A box labeled Personalize Mathematica should appear if you have never installed Mathematica on your machine.
10. Make sure Single Machine is selected and then just change the info boxes off to the right. They need to have the following info in each one:
- Name - Put in YOUR NAME
- Organization - North Dakota State University (must be fully spelled out)
- License Number - L2902-3132
11. Then click on OK.
12. The next screen will have your MathID that you will need back on the Registration Webpage. copy that MathID into the block on the webpage under MathID.
13. Once you've put the MathID on the webpage, it will also need your Machine Name.
- If you don't already know your Machine Name (a.k.a. your NetBIOS Name), go to Start, Run and type in CMD.
- This will open up a Command Prompt Box.
- In that box type ipconfig / all and then press Enter.
- At the top of the screen (you may have to scroll back up a little) you will find the Host Name, this is also your Machine Name.
14. Copy that info into the Machine Name box on the Registration Page and then click the Continue button.
15. Enter your Personal (Work) Information on the next page and then click Continue.
16. You will now receive an E-mail with a Password to finish your install.
17. Close out your Web Browser.
18. You should still have the Personalize Mathematica box open. Take the Password that you received in your E-mail into the Password box, and then click OK.
- Mathematica 9
- Minitab 16
- SAS 9.3
- SPSS 20
- ESRI 10.1
Please contact Software Licensing for more information @ 231-8685 Option 4.