ITS Support for Windows Vista
NDSU Information Technology Services has decided not to install or support Windows Vista. Instead they have elected to support Windows 7. ITS is aware of Vista-compatibility issues with the products listed below. This list is not exhaustive. In most cases, updates are being developed by the manufacturers. (Product names are linked to update information.) Be sure to check compatibility of specialty software before planning to upgrade.
- Autodesk/AutoCAD - no formal statements regarding Vista support, but all system requirements still specify Windows XP.
- ArcGIS (ESRI)
- iTunes - v.7.1.1 is compatible with Vista
- Mathematica - v.5.2 is compatible with Vista
- WS_FTP - updated version required
- Vista users who formerly connected to the NDSU "WebDev" Web server using a shared network drive will need to use FTP software to manage Web pages until server updates are done.
Microsoft’s Software Assurance will allow departments to purchase new PCs with Vista, but use XP or Windows 7 operating system.
- Mathematica 9
- Minitab 16
- SAS 9.3
- SPSS 20
- ESRI 10.1
Please contact Software Licensing for more information @ 231-8685 Option 4.