Hours per week: 15-20
Starting wage: $8.00/hour
Reports to: Classroom Technology Student Manager
Provide in-depth, effective, and timely technical assistance and support to NDSU students, staff, and faculty for the services and equipment provided by ITS Classroom & Media Technologies. This assistance and support will be provided via telephone and direct client contact. In addition to technical maintenance performed on ITS AV technology installed in classrooms and mobile multimedia carts, customer assistance is also an important aspect to the position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Classroom & Cart Rounds
- Check and test all classroom equipment to ensure proper functionality. Including LCD & overhead projectors, A/V switcher/controller, document cameras, PRS (personal response system) & computers.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve technical problems in instrumented classrooms and multimedia carts in response to emergency requests from faculty and staff.
- Operate videoconference equipment for classes and meetings.
- Install software images onto instrumented classroom and multimedia cart computers.
- Every few months a new image is created and must be installed on multimedia carts and instrumented classrooms.
- This also includes installing patches or applying updates as needed.
- Train students, faculty and staff on proper usage of presentation equipment.
- Follow safety rules, help identify unsafe working conditions, stop co-workers who are working in an unsafe manner.
- Working knowledge of computers
- Working knowledge of electronics
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Current NDSU enrolled student
- Driverís License
- Experience working with professional audio/visual equipment
- Experience working with wiring and cabling
- Experience troubleshooting problems in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Experience in customer service