Starting Wage: $7.50/hour
Reports to: IVN Technical Coordinator
The Interactive Videoconferencing Network (IVN) Classroom Technician is the person responsible for the operation of the equipment during an IVN event or class. The Technician(s) shall be trained by the Technical Coordinator in cooperation with IVN training personnel and/or programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Operate IVN room equipment during all classes/events as assigned by the Technical Coordinator:
- Make sure equipment is up and running at least 10-15 minutes prior to each event.
- If host site, conduct site roll call 10 minutes prior to event or delegate to another site if necessary.
- If a point-to-point event, the host site calls the other site. Remember to hang up at the completion of the call.
- If receiving site, respond to site roll call when site name is called.
- Monitor the operation of the equipment throughout the event.
- Pan/Tilt/Zoom cameras to participants speaking.
- Adjust microphone and speaker volumes as necessary.
- Operate computer applications as needed.
Assist IVN presenters/participants:
- Pay attention to the event/class and respond to needs as they arise - Stay Alert!
- Offer assistance and reassurance to any presenters at that site.
- Offer assistance to anyone with special needs.
Report technical difficulties immediately:
- Follow proper procedures to identify and respond to technical difficulties.
- Make the necessary calls (your campus' Technical Coordinator, IVN Help Desk, etc.) to make sure the problem is resolved as quickly as with as little disruption to the event as possible.
- Make sure all problems are documented (i.e. Event Report, e-mail, etc.) and reported to your Technical Coordinator.
Help maintain classroom appearance and security:
- Check room appearance after each event (push in chairs, clear off tables, etc.).
- Make sure windows and doors are locked before leaving the room unattended.
Minimum Qualifications for Employment:
- Must be available to work Monday thru Thursday between 3:45 pm and 10:00 pm
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Punctuality and reliability
Preferred Qualifications for Employment:
- Previous video conferencing experience