Software/Asset Management Assistant
Hours/week: minimum 15
Starting wage: $8.00/hour
Reports to: Software Licensing Coordinator
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of an IT team that assists customers in obtaining, licensing and installing computer software appropriate to their needs. Help to coordinate tasks involved with processes used to deliver, follow-up, track and troubleshoot software installations. Work and learn from knowledgeable professionals as you assist with a variety of activities in fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create DVDs, CDs using a media burning station.
- Assist NDSU students, staff, and faculty with general software questions.
- Assist with daily and fiscal year’s end inventory processes.
- Perform hands on inventory (computers, printers, servers) - check physical location and update inventory database.
- Finle invoices/correspondence using the image now system.
- Assist with speical projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Employment:
- Familiarity with computers & peripherals
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite programs especially MS Excel
- Strong customer service focus
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, ability to learn quickly, and adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Current NDSU enrolled student
Preferred Qualifications for Employment:
- Technical knowledge related to a variety of software programs
- Available tow work over the summer