Software/Asset Management Assistant
Starting wage: $9.00/hour
Reports to: Software Licensing Coordinator
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of an IT team that assists customers in obtaining, licensing and installing computer software appropriate to their needs. Help to coordinate tasks involved with processes used to deliver, follow-up, track and troubleshoot software installations. Work and learn from knowledgeable professionals as you assist with a variety of activities in fast-paced environment. Must be available to work over the summer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Test and troubleshoot software installations on various types of operating systems.
- Create software installation and documentation using Camtasia software.
- Create DVDs, CDs using a media burning station.
- Assist NDSU students, staff, and faculty with general software questions.
- Assist with daily and fiscal year’s end inventory processes.
- Perform hands on inventory (computers, printers, servers) - check physical location and update inventory database.
- Scans documents and links documents using ImageNow software
Minimum Qualifications for Employment:
- Familiarity with computers & peripherals
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Experience with installing various types of software
- Strong customer service focus
- Organizational, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, ability to learn quickly, and adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Current NDSU enrolled student
Preferred Qualifications for Employment:
- Experience working with computers in a networked environment
- Experience troubleshooting Mac and/or Windows operating systems
- Technical knowledge related to a variety of software programs