Hours/week: 10-15 hours
Starting wage: $8.00/hour
Reports to: ITS Help Desk Management Team
Researches, writes, and publishes technical materials for reports, manuals, and related technical publications concerned with installation, operation, and maintenance of ITS supported applications/hardware and services. Individual is to works under close supervision.
- Translate complex computer concepts and technology into documented instructions.
- Composing, editing and producing web and paper-based documentation as well as online help applications and internal publications for both the Help Desk and ITS website.
- Edit, standardize, or revise material prepared by other writers or personnel.
- Prepare layout of material for publication.
- Prepare rough drafts of the publication for review with the project staff and/or customers.
Skills/knowledge and abilities:
- Writing - Communicating effectively with others in writing as indicated by the needs of the audience.
- Active Listening - Listening to what other people are saying and asking questions as appropriate.
- Speaking - Talking to others to effectively convey information.
- Information Gathering - Knowing how to find information and identifying essential information.
- Information Organization - Finding ways to structure or classify multiple pieces of information.
- Synthesis/Reorganization - Reorganizing information to find a better approach to solving problems or completing tasks.
- Active Learning - Working with new material or information to grasp its implications.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.