TLMC Media Services Assistant
Starting wage: $9.00/hour
Reports to: TLMC Media Technologies Consultant and the TLMC Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the working condition of multimedia equipment and software, troubleshoot problems, and communicate any issues and workarounds to TLMC staff.
- Work closely with the TLMC media technologies consultant and the TLMC manager to develop guidelines and procedures related to multimedia services.
- Assist with developing and implementing communication methods to ensure projects are completed successfully.
- Research and assist with developing methods of educating users and TLMC staff about copyright guidelines, especially those relating to multimedia development.
- Research and review current multimedia trends and technology options and recommend equipment and software purchases and upgrades.
- Train TLMC staff to use multimedia equipment and software.
- Assist the media technologies consultant with consulting with customers (including staff, faculty, and students) regarding multimedia projects and advise them on best methods for accomplishing tasks.
- Work with TLMC media technologies consultant and other ITS media services staff to assist customers with audio (podcasting) and video recording, using equipment in the ITS Media Studio.
- Work with the TLMC instructional technology assistant and instructors to determine best methods and training/support needs for multimedia-related instructor assignments.
- Provide multimedia-related training for short classes and in response to instructor requests.
- Identify documentation needs related to multimedia (including Learning Links resources) and assist with developing necessary documentation.
- Maintain a high level of professional competency
Minimum Qualifications for Employment:
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Committed to life-long learning
- Advanced knowledge of various types of multimedia equipment and software, including one or more of the following: video cameras and multimedia decks; video editing software such as Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Sony Vegas, or Windows Movie Maker; audio editing hardware and software; graphic design programs like Photoshop)
Preferred Qualifications for Employment:
- Teaching or tutoring experience
- Experience writing documentation