Blackboard 9.1: Using the Grade Center
Blackboard's Grade Center is a very useful tool for managing student grades for all course activities and assignments. This session illustrates the existing and new or changed features available in the Grade Center. Learn how to use the Grade Center effectively!
If you use (or will use) Blackboard's Grade Center, you'll definitely want to attend this session to find out what you'll need to know to use it and to see what's new and different!
In this session we'll cover:
- Powerful new features in the Grade Center!
- Entering/changing student grades
- Creating and managing Grade Center entries
- Exporting Grade Center data to an Excel spreadsheet
- Uploading Grade Center data from a spreadsheet back into the Blackboard Grade Center
- Using the Grade Center to manage assignment files uploaded by students, providing feedback on those assignments, and grading them
- Weighting grades by item or by category in the Grade Center
- Changing the default grade display from scores to percentages, letter grades, or text and creating a customized letter grade scale
- Creating Smart Views and adding them as Favorites
- Grading tests by question and/or grading tests anonymously
Prerequisites: Experience using the Blackboard system.