Adobe Photoshop CS3: Layer Basics
Photoshop lets you isolate different parts of your image onto separate layers. Each layer can then be edited separately, allowing you tremendous flexibility and making it easier to change the image. Learn how to get the most out of Photoshop's Layers palette!
Here's what we'll cover:
- The advantages of organizing artwork on layers
- Creating, viewing, hiding, and selecting layers
- Rearranging layers for different image effects (the layer stacking order)
- Applying various special effects to layers
- Linking layers together to work on them simultaneously
- Applying a gradient to a layer
- Adding text and layer effects to a layer
- Saving a copy of the file with the layers flattened
Prerequisites: Completion of Adobe Photoshop CS3: An Introduction and familiarity with the Windows or Macintosh operating systems.