Adobe Photoshop CS3: Working With Selections
Learning how to select areas of an image is of primary importance - you must first select what you want to affect! Once you've made a selection, only the area within the selection can be edited. Learn several different techniques for selecting just the portions of an image that you want to change.
Here's what we'll cover:
- Using a variety of tools to select parts of an image
- Moving, duplicating, and repositioning the contents of a selection
- Using keyboard-mouse combinations to save time and hand motions
- Deselecting a selection
- Constraining the movement of a selected area and adjusting the position of the area using the arrow keys
- Adding to and subtracting from a selected area
- Rotating a selection
- Using multiple selection tools to make a complex selection
- Erasing pixels within a selected area
Prerequisites: Completion of Adobe Photoshop CS3: An Introduction and familiarity with the Windows or Macintosh operating systems.