Access 2010: Part One
Please attend "Access 2010: Database Essentials for New Users" before this session if you've never used Access, or if you've used it very little.
Microsoft Access is a powerful database program you can use to store all kinds of information from a simple list of contacts to an inventory catalog with tens of thousands of products. Once information is stored in an Access database, it's easy to find, analyze, and print your data!
In this 6 hour (2-day) class you'll learn more of the basic skills and you'll learn how to design, build, and manage a database and your data.
At the end of this class you will:
- Be able to design and build a simple database and create tables to store the data
- Understand and create the necessary relationships between your tables to take advantage of the full power of a relational database system
- Be able to navigate, edit, and delete data in your tables
- Be able to create queries to extract exactly the information you need, when you need it
- Be able to design useable forms for data entry and/or inquiry
- Be able to generate reports for printing or on-screen display
Prerequisites: Completion of "Access 2010: Database Essentials for New Users" or previous use of Access.