Access 2013: Part One
Microsoft Access is a powerful database program you can use to store all kinds of information - anything from a simple list of contacts to an inventory catalog with tens of thousands of products. Once information is stored in an Access database, it's easy to find, analyze, and print your data!
In this 9 hour (3-day) class you'll learn the basic skills you'll need to get started using Access databases and managing the data they contain, and you'll learn how to design, build, and manage a database.
At the end of this class you will:
- Understand fundamental database concepts and terminology
- Be able to navigate the Access 2013 interface
- Understand when you should use Excel and when it's best to use Access to store and manage data
- Understand each of the Access objects - tables, queries, forms and reports - and how to use them
- Be able to navigate, edit and delete data in your tables and use existing queries, forms and reports
- Be able to design and build a simple database and create tables to store the data
- Understand and create the necessary relationships between your tables to take advantage of the full power of a relational database system
- Create simple, but powerful queries, forms and reports
Prerequisites: No Access or other database experience is necessary