Optimizing Graphic Images for the Web
Graphic images can add a lot of visual impact to your Web pages. We'll take a look at what you need to get started, using Adobe Photoshop (or any other image manipulation software) to create, edit and optimize your images for use on the Web.
This session covers:
- What's the best file format for your image, GIF, JPG, or PNG?
- Getting the right image size and resolution
- Optimizing images for the Web (best image quality with the smallest file size possible)
- What are 'Web Safe' colors?
- Creating transparent GIF images
- Creating evenly spaced navigational buttons and page background images
- Creating simple animated GIF images
Prerequisites: Some prior use of image manipulation software (such as Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, etc.) would be helpful, but is not required.