Blackboard Day @NDSU! Thursday, November 7
8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Prairie Rose - Memorial Union
Come join us for a chance to interact with David Gibson, a Solutions Engineer from Blackboard, Inc. as he conducts these sessions and listens to your input:
- 8:30 - 9:25: Methods for engaging your students with media
- 9:30 - 10:30: The Rewards of Rubrics
- 11:00 - Noon: Grade Center Success
- 12:30 - 1:30: Designing an Exemplary Course
- 2:00 - 3:00: Faculty Feedback Session and Blackboard's "Roadmap"
Refreshments provided - no registration necessary!
We hope to see you there!
Upcoming Training Opportunities
Fall Training Sessions
We have several training sessions designed to help you use technology more effectively - check out the class descriptions, the current schedule, and/or register for the session(s) you want
Pre-registration is required. Sessions tend to fill quickly -- register now to guarantee your space! If the session you want is currently filled, you'll be placed on a wait list and we'll contact you when space becomes available.
- Blackboard 9.1: Blackboard Social Tools - NEW!
- CMS (TYPO3): Basics Training
- CMS (TYPO3): Working with Images
- CMS (TYPO3): Menus and Email Forms
- Microsoft Word 2013 - Updated
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 - Updated
- Excel 2013: Using Formulas and Functions - Updated
- Excel 2013: Database Tools - Updated
- Excel 2013: Pivot Tables and Pivot Reports - NEW!
- Adobe Acrobat XI (11) and PDF Files - NEW!
- Access 2013 - Part One - Updated
- Access 2013 - Part Two - Updated
Blackboard Faculty Engagement Days
Blackboard Day at NDSU - Thursday, November 7, 2013
Watch for more information coming soon!
Blackboard representatives will offer roadmap presentations, showcase tools to assist in teaching, listen to faculty and staff for feedback and offer sessions on various topics that can help you integrate digital tools into your teaching.
Possible topics include: Authentic Assessment with Blackboard, Designing an Exemplary Course, Flipped Classroom - Collaborate Style, Methods for Encouraging Academic Honesty, Methods for Engaging Your Students with Media, The Rewards of Rubrics, Wikis, Blogs, Forums, Journals - which one to use and why, Grade Center Success, Roadmaps, and others!
TLMC Short Workshops
Information Technology Services also offers free classes on a wide variety of popular software applications and technology topics to NDSU students. NDSU faculty and staff members can register for any of these student-focused workshops on a space-available basis as well.
- Energy Shots
Short technology tutorials to energize your teaching!
- TLMC Learning Links
Resources for projects, multimedia, and copyright information
- Atomic Learning Tutorials
Free - Learn at your own pace!
(NDSU users only)