Through the Equity and Diversity Center, LGBTQ Programs serves members of of the NDSU community who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning (LGBTQ).
The mission of LGBTQ Programs at North Dakota State University is to strengthen and sustain an inclusive campus community for LGBTQ students, faculty, and staff by providing programming that reduces homophobia and gender identity oppression. We collaborate with campus departments, student organizations, university administration, and community groups to advocate for the needs and concerns of LGBTQ students. The LGBTQ Resource Center, located in the Equity and Diversity Center, provides a welcoming and affirming location on campus with an extensive print and media library and a gender neutral restroom.
- Awareness and Educational Programs
- Coming Out Month
- Transgender Day of Awareness
- Day of Silence
- Support for LGBTQ Students
- Support groups for students who are coming out, for transgender students, and more
- Support for Pride Alliance, the LGBTQ and Ally student organization at NDSU
- LGBTQ Student Scholarships - awarded each spring at the Green and Golden Globe Diversity Awards
- Lavender Graduation - reception to honor local college graduates who identify as LGBTQ
- On-campus map of gender neutral/unisex restroooms
- Safe Zone Ally Program
- Three levels of training: Becoming an Ally; Transgender 101; Becoming an Upstander
- Complete list of Safe Zone and Transgender Allies at NDSU
Please click to read
"Open Letter to NDSU Safe Zone Allies"
NDSU University Police LGBT Liaison: Gennifer (Baker) Sprecher , 701.231.8998
NDSU Gender Neutral Restrooms