Dakota Campus Alliance
The Dakota Campus Alliance is a network of students, faculty, staff, administrators, and institutions of higher education all advocating and working towards a better environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender students and their allies.
Becoming a Member
- Campuses will sign a memorandum of understanding about the relationship to be developed between the LGBTQA Dakota Campus Alliance and the individual campus.
- Campuses will pay a nominal fee to assist with administrative costs.
- Alliance staff will provide one campus visit, including a 3-hour training session on sexual orientation and gender identity, and consultation with university officials who will be responsible for the development of a program modeled after safe zone/safe space programs.
- Alliance staff will be available for additional consultation and advanced training opportunities.
- Students from member campuses will be invited to attend leadership conferences to promote networking and mentoring opportunities.
- The Alliance will provide access to resources (books, videos, etc) to enhance the understanding of Allies regarding sexual orientation/gender identity issues faced by LGBTQ students.
- Alliance staff will provide assistance for member campuses to assess climate toward LGBTQ students, faculty, and staff.
- A network of professionals who are dedicated to this work.
- Hosted LGBTQIA Student Leadership Conference, North Dakota State University- Feb. 15.
- On-site visit to Lake Region State College - March 30.
- Introductory letters sent to all members of the NDUS Diversity Council, representing the 11 state institutions within North Dakota.
- Participated in NDUS Diversity Conference - April 22.
- On-site visit to Dickinson State University - August 19.
- Fall Student Leadership Conference - featuring Jessica Pettitt - October 18 at NDSU.
- Offered webinar to Extension Staff from North Dakota and Minnesota on creating inclusing youth programs.
- Provided on-campus training and consultation to faculty and staff from MState in Moorhead, MN.
- Provided on-campus training and consultation to faculty, staff and students from Bismarck State College - February 24.
- Invited to provided training to NDSU Extension Service staff during Bismarck conference - April 12.
- Develop a web-based training program accessible by LGBTQA Dakota Campus Alliance Members.
- Complete on-site visits to other NDUS-member campuses.
- Develop training assessment tool.
Director, Diversity Initiatives
Coordinator, LGBTQ Programs