Order of Omega
The purpose of Order of Omega is threefold:
First, to recognize those students who have attained a high standard of leadership in inter-Greek activities, to encourage them to continue along this line, and to inspire others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment.
Second, to bring together the most representative fraternity and sorority members, and to create an organization which will help to mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate affairs.
Third, to bring together members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution’s fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding, and cooperation.
Membership in the Order of Omega is confined to members of Greek-letter social oranizations.
To be eligible for membership, a student shall meet the following minimum requirements:
- One full academic year of residence at the institution where selected.
- Junior or Senior (undergraduate) standing.
- Rank academically above the all-Greek average.
- Be in good standing with the initiate’s fraternal organization.
The selection of student members consider the following areas of a candidate’s collegiate record:
- Greek offices held
- Greek participation
- Service to the university
- Service to the local community
National Website: www.orderofomega.org