The NDSU Volunteer Network
The NDSU Volunteer Network helps students find service opportunities in the Fargo-Moorhead and surrounding communities. Our staff works closely with volunteer agencies to identify individual and group service opportunities that suit student interest and skills. The Volunteer Network also coordinates events and services throughout the school year to address community needs and educate about social issues. The Volunteer Network program recognizes and understands the civic and social challenges of our local and global communities. Our philosophy is grounded in the following commitments:
· Commitment to a lifelong ethic of service.
· Create opportunities for students to experience social change and servant leadership in action.
· Understanding of social-justice issues and the need for both individual and systemic change to make a positive impact.
· Support student-led initiatives to address community needs.
· Belief that community service experiences can and should complement academic coursework.
· Promote orientation, training, and reflection in every service experience.
· Commitment to the land-grant mission of NDSU.
Volunteer Network Programs
- The BIG Event
- Bison Service Challenge
- Dress for Success
- Drives and Fundraisers
- Fill the Dome
- Giving Tree
- Non-Profit Opportunity Fair
- Sarah Martinsen Award
- Service Learning
- Service Plunge
Students or student groups interested in community service experiences should contact the Volunteer Network. Staff members are prepared to assist you in locating opportunities that will meet your specific interests and needs.
The Volunteer Network maintains active partnerships with more than 50 agencies in the Fargo-Moorhead and surrounding areas, and many of those agencies need your help. Most are within walking/biking distance of the University, or are located along metro bus routes. Individual and group opportunities are available.
• To get started, fill out the Online Intake Form
• Consider attending the Non-Profit Opportunity Fair 2013: Thursday January 24th 10am-1pm in the Memorial Union Ballroom. Non-profit Registration
Contact the Volunteer Network: NDSU.Volunteer.Network@ndsu.edu
Office: Student Activities Office, Room 120 in the Memorial Union
Snail Mail: PO Box 6050, Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Please give us feedback, make suggestions or voice your opinion! Click HERE!