Sarah Martinsen Award
Each year the NDSU Volunteer Network honors a student with the Sarah Martinsen Outstanding Service Award. Sarah Martinsen, who was a junior at NDSU on her first STLF Pay it Forward Tour, passed away in Pensacola, Florida on March 16th 2010. Everyone who knew Sarah could tell you that she was a young woman with a passion to serve. The NDSU Volunteer Network has made a commitment to remember Sarah with this special annual award. Please help recognize volunteers who provided outstanding service in our community by nominating them for this award.
Nominee criteria are as follows:
· Nominee must exemplify authentic citizenship characteristics and have a strong commitment to the world around them.
· Nominee must have performed numerous selfless acts of service for others throughout the community.
· Nominations are to be submitted on behalf of individuals who have worked to positively impact the community through service and civic engagement. Volunteer service may not be a paid job for the nominee.
Nomination guidelines are as follows:
· Applications may be submitted by individuals, groups or agencies.
· Applications must be printed, typed, or submitted electronically.
· At least one letter of recommendation must be included with application.
Submissions may be dropped off at the NDSU Volunteer Network Office (120 Memorial Union) or by e-mail to NDSU.Volunteer.Network@ndsu.edu.
Office: Student Activities Office, Room 120 in the Memorial Union
Snail Mail: PO Box 6050, Fargo, ND 58108-6050