Rec & Outing Rates
Reserve the Rec Center for your next party or get together!
Includes 8 bowling lanes, 8 billiards tables, 1 air hockey table, 2 table tennis platforms, 1 shuffle board table, 1 foosball table, and use of the Wii.
NDSU Organizations or community non-profits: $115/hr
Other groups or private parties: $175/hr
For more information call (701) 231-8417
Hour Birthday Packages
Package #1 - $50 - Includes 3 bowling lanes and shoe rental
Package #2 - $78 - Includes 3 bowling lanes, shoe rental and 1/4 sheet cake with plates and napkins
Package #3 - $92 - Includes 3 bowling lanes, shoe rental, 2 large one-topping pizzas and 15 cans of soda
Package #4 - $120 - Includes 3 bowling lanes, shoe rental, 2 large one-topping pizzas, 15 cans of soda, and 1/4 sheet cake with plates and napkins
Additional Items Available in the R&O Center:
Soda - $6 for 5 cans, $11 for 10 cans
One-topping Pizza - $14
¼ Sheet Cake with Plates & Napkins - $28
Additional Bowling Lane - $16
½ Hour of Additional Bowling Time/Package - $23
Balloon Bouquet (1 mylar & 4 latex) - $6.75
Bowling Lane Bumpers – Free Upon Request
Area Reservation Policies:
1. Payment is due in full at the event unless it is an NDSU Dept. or a pre-approved AR charge authorized at the end of the reservation.
2. The renter is responsible for damages incurred to equipment during the area reservation.
3. Cancellations must be made 72 hours in advance.
4. A fee for reserving tables/lanes but not using them still will be charged. Package prices are final.
5. Area reservations are for the sole enjoyment of the group reserving the space. The Center will remain open to the public except when all lanes and tables have been reserved. Closing the Center requires special authorization.
6. Food and beverage consumed by groups in the Center must be purchased from NDSU Dining Services or Catering.
7. Additional charges apply to time and services not specified above.
* Prices and policies are subject to change. Contact the Rec and Outing Center to inquire.
Outdoor Game Equipment
Bean Bag Toss
Disc Golf Discs
Outing Center Rental Equipment
Car Carrier Kit
Canoes & Supplies*
Old Town Green
Kayaks & Supplies **
XC Ski Package
5 Gal. Water Jug
*Canoe rental includes 2 PFD's & 2 Paddles
**Kayak rental includes 1 PFD's & 1 Paddles
Outing Equipment Policies
It is the Responsibility of the Renter to be Familiar with the Following Policies
1. Damages - Renters are responsible for all damage or loss of equipment. Fees are assessed based on the cost of repair or replacement. Due to liability reasons, Recreation & Outing Staff are not able to assist customers in loading equipment into or onto their vehicles.
2. Fuel - Renters must purchase their own fuel and mantles for stoves and lanterns. All Recreation & Outing Center stoves and lanterns use Coleman fuel ONLY. Any individual burning any other fuel will be charged the cost of replacing the equipment.
3. Payment -
a. Is due at the time of the reservation or rental and is accepted in the form of cash, check, Bison Bucks, or credit card.
b. Rental equipment is not considered “reserved” until full payment is received. Reservations must be done in person.
c. Must be received, in full, prior to the check out of any equipment.
4. Refunds -
a. Canoes, Kayaks, and the Canoe Trailer must be cancelled no later than 3 days prior to scheduled pickup in order to receive a 90% refund. Any cancellation made less than 3 days prior to schedule pickup will result in loss of all fees paid.
b. Any general equipment cancelled prior to the day of pickup will be eligible for a 90% refund.
c. Equipment cancelled on the day of pickup will result in loss of all fees paid.
5. Rental Rates - Are based on the number of days the equipment is rented. The Recreation & Outing Center must charge renters for any days in which equipment is checked out, even if the equipment is not being used by the renter.
6. Reservation Requirements -
a. Rental equipment may be signed out by NDSU students, faculty, staff and the general public.
b. A valid Bison ID Card is required to receive the NDSU rental rate.
c. The renter is responsible for all equipment from the time of checkout until the equipment is checked in by Recreation & Outing Staff.
d. Renters must leave either a Bison ID Card number or a credit card number as a deposit.
i. In the case of Bison ID Card, the individual will have their university account charged for any rented equipment that must be repaired or replaced.
ii. In the case of a credit card, the card will be charged for any rented equipment that must be repaired or replaced.
7. Returns - Recreation & Outing Staff must inspect all equipment to ensure that they are not damaged, excessively dirty, or wet. Renters must plan their equipment returns accordingly.
North Dakota State University, the Memorial Union, and the Recreation & Outing Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, Vietnam Era Veterans status, sexual orientation, marital status, or public assistance status. Direct inquiries to the Executive Director and Chief Diversity Officer, 202 Old Main, 701-231-7708.