Affinity Groups for Faculty, Staff and Graduate Students
Affinity groups provide forums for employees to gather socially and share ideas outside their particular campus departments. The benefits of an affinity group are to promote the value of diversity and cultural awareness and to foster an environment that attracts, welcomes and retains diverse talent.
- Asian faculty and staff - group forming, contact our office,
Listserv is NDSU-Asian-Affinity
- Black faculty and staff - contact Ruth, 231-6179, firstname.lastname@example.org
Listserv is NDSU-Black-Affinity
- Graduate Prism - social affinity group for LGBTQ and Ally Graduate Students.
- Hispanic faculty and staff - contact Juan Osorno, email@example.com
Listserv is NDSU-Hispanic-Affinity
- Indigenous faculty and staff - A group made up of NDSU
Indigenous faculty and staff members who meet monthly on
campus. Contact either Denise Lajimodiere, Chair, at 231-7214,
Jaclynn Davis Wallette at 231-7314,
Listserv is NDSU-Indigenous-Affinity
- LGBT (Pride Network) - http://www.ndsu.edu/lgbtq/groups_and_meetings/pride_network/
- Multicultural faculty and staff - group forming, contact our office, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Multi-ethnic graduate students - The Multi-Ethnic Graduate Students Affinity Group is a non-formal organization that meets once a month at NDSU. It is a great place to meet other multi-ethnic graduate students, socialize and network. For more information, click here.
Contact: Mb Umanah mbang.Umanah@ndsu.edu
- Veterans - Click here for more information
- or contact Vance Olson email@example.com
If you are interested in any of these affinity groups, please contact the Office of Multicultural Programs.
To subscribe to a list using Subscribers Corner: Subscriber's Corner instructions
To subscribe to a list using an email command:
1. Send an e-mail to Listserv@listserv.nodak.edu
2. Leave the subject line blank
3. In the body (not subject) of the e-mail enter the following:
SUB listname yourfirstname yourlastname
Example: SUB NDSU-Asian-Affinity Jane Smith
In most cases, you will then be asked to confirm the request. Instructions will be included in the confirmation e-mail.