Fargo-Moorhead national rankings
The Fargo-Moorhead community is ranked among the best places in the country to live, work, attend school and conduct business. Here are just a few of the recent national rankings that have landed Fargo-Moorhead at the top.
• North Dakota ranked #1 in well-being, according to the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index.
• North Dakota was ranked the best run state by USA Today.
• North Dakota was ranked the 3rd best state for business by CNBC.
• Fargo named the #1 city to find a job by USNEWS.
• Fargo ranked #2 in best small places for business and careers by Forbes.
• North Dakota is the most affordable place to live according to Bloomberg Magazine.
• Fargo ranked the 2nd healthiest city in the United States by Women’s Health.
• Fargo listed in the top 50 bike friendly communities by Bicycling Magazine.
• Fargo listed as one of the cleanest cities by the American Lung Association.
• Fargo has been named “Tree City USA” for 35 years in a row by the National Arbor Day Foundation.
• Fargo-Moorhead ranked 2nd best metro area in the country by Area Development Magazine.
• Fargo-Moorhead ranked 3rd safest place to live by Farmer’s Insurance.
• Fargo ranked 5th best place to live by moving.com.
• Downtown Fargo was named one of America’s most transformed neighborhoods by Forbes.
• Fargo-Moorhead was ranked 2nd best winter city by Livability.
• North Dakota was named the most social state in the union by Tagged.
• Fargo ranked 3rd fastest growing city by Nerdwallet.
• Fargo ranked in the top 20 fastest growing college towns by Sparefoot.
• Fargo listed as one of the smartest cities in the United States by Venture Beat.
• Fargo named the 3rd best city to raise children by Children’s Health Magazine.
• Fargo named the 3rd greenest city in America by Organic Gardening Magazine.
• The Fargo-Moorhead community ranked 3rd in the nation for happiness among women as reported by Prevention Magazine.
• Fargo ranked #24 in the Fortune Small Business magazine’s top 100 best places to live and launch a business.
• Minnesota ranked 1st and North Dakota 9th on the “Healthiest States” in the nation ranking by CQ Press.
• North Dakota ranked 10th and Minnesota 4th in the “Most Livable” States Category by CQ Press.
• North Dakota ranked 2nd in the nation in state competitiveness according to the Beacon Hill Institutes annual State Competitiveness ranking.
• Fargo-Moorhead ranked #1 on the list of United States cities ranked on 200 environmental, health and quality of life indicators by the Earth Day Network.