The annual crop insurance conference sponsored by the NDSU Extension Service is scheduled for Monday, Jan. 16, at the Ramada Plaza Suites in Fargo. Registration begins at 8 a.m. Presentations begin at 8:30 a.m. and will conclude at 4:30 p.m.
- Business ethics
- Prospects for crop insurance in the 2012 farm bill
- Current crop insurance issues
- Cost of production/insurance coverage levels
- An update from the Risk Management Agency
- Perspectives from crop insurance companies
- Outlook for the 2012 farm bill
- U.S. economic outlook
Featured speakers include William Murphy, Risk Management Agency administrator in Washington, D.C., and Doug Hagel, Risk Management Agency regional office director in Billings, Mont.
Organizers say the conference is open to the public and should be helpful for insurance agents, farmers, agricultural lenders, farm managers, farm management educators.
Insurance continuing education credits for North and South Dakota have been approved and are pending in Minnesota.
The registration fee is $110 per person and includes lunch, breaks and conference materials. Preregistration by Jan. 6 is encouraged. To register, go to http://tinyurl.com/dxrnkh or call 701-231-8642.