Agronomy Seed Farm field day scheduled near Casselton
The NDSU Agronomy Seed Farm field day will feature discussions from several speakers on wheat varieties, corn nitrogen treatment and weed control.
The event is scheduled for 2 p.m. on July 15 at the farm located one mile south of Casselton, and a mile west on the frontage road that parallels Interstate 94 on the north side.
The tour will feature:
- A discussion on wheat varieties led by Mohamed Mergoum, NDSU wheat breeder
- Dave Franzen, NDSU Extension Service soil scientist, discussing the work he is doing to collect data that will be used to review and possibly revise the nitrogen recommendations for corn
- John Nowatzki, NDSU Extension agricultural machine systems specialist, presenting information on optical sensors as they relate to nitrogen management on corn
- Joel Ransom, NDSU Extension agronomist, discussing his research on the effectiveness of tillage and nitrogen management strategies for the efficient use of nitrogen on corn
- NDSU weed researchers discussing a wide range of weed control topics.
Participants are invited to attend a tour of the Tharaldson Ethanol plant following the field presentations.
NDSU is recognized as one of the nation’s top 108 public and private universities by the Carnegie Commission on Higher Education.