Officers and board members named to NDSU Alumni Association
The Alumni Association at North Dakota State University has announced its officers and new board members. The 32-member board, which includes 30 alumni, one student representative and NDSU President Dean L. Bresciani, represents more than 80,000 alumni. The board sets policy for the association and works closely with university leadership to help attain institutional goals. Officers are elected for one year but can be re-elected to serve another one-year term. Board members can serve up to three, three-year terms.
- Wayne Schluchter, BS ’82, St. Cloud, Minn., CEO of Schluchter Investment Advisors, was elected past chair of the board.
- Scott Handy, BS ’80, Fargo, president and CEO of Cass County Electric Cooperative Inc., was elected chair.
- John Erickson, BS ’80, Fergus Falls, Minn., former president and CEO and current board member of Otter Tail Corp., was elected vice chair.
- Brian Houkom, BS ’80, West Fargo, N.D., CEO of Western State Bank, was elected secretary/treasurer.
Additions to the board:
- Thomas Campbell, BS ’83, Grafton, N.D., partner, Campbell Farms
- Jonelle Burdick, AD ’79, Fargo, N.D., enterprise vice president, Sanford Home Services
- Scott Stofferahn, BS ’80, Fargo, N.D., executive vice president, Golden Growers Cooperative
- Andrea Travnicek, BS ’01, MS ’04 and Ph.D. ’08, Bismarck, N.D., senior policy adviser, North Dakota Governor’s Office
For more information, visit www.ndsualumni.com.
NDSU is recognized as one of the nation’s top 108 public and private universities by the Carnegie Commission on Higher Education.