Graduate School awards Doctoral Dissertation Fellowships
The NDSU Graduate School has awarded Graduate School Doctoral Dissertation Fellowships to 12 students for the 2013-14 academic year. Each fellowship recipient will receive a stipend distributed during 12 months, plus additional funding for academic travel and supplies.
The fellowship recipients were selected from a group of 28 applicants. Application evaluation criteria included a summary of quality of the student’s research and credentials, a timeline for dissertation completion within 12 months and the quality of the adviser’s mentoring plan.
Graduate School Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship recipients include:
- Carolyn DeLorme, education
- Davi Duff, emergency management
- Chunju Gu, civil engineering
- Steven Hammer, English
- Mun Yee Kwan, psychology
- Karina Montero, biological sciences
- Itai Mutukwa, natural resource management
- Atif Osmani, industrial and manufacturing engineering
- Gitanjali Sharma, pharmaceutical sciences
- Brianna Stenger, environmental and conservation sciences
- Zhenping Zhou, materials and nanotechnology
- Tara Zolnikov, developmental science
NDSU is recognized as one of the nation’s top 108 public and private universities by the Carnegie Commission on Higher Education.