NDSU student, staff win ADDY Awards
An NDSU student and staff members recently won several awards at the Feb. 28 American Advertising Federation of North Dakota’s ADDY Awards. Advertising professionals from across the state submitted 383 entries in 125 categories, which were evaluated by a panel of out-of-state judges.
NDSU student Jordan Nelson, a senior majoring in art, won two gold and one silver ADDY awards.
The Silver Medal Award, the highest honor presented to an individual by the North Dakota chapter of the American Advertising Federation, was awarded to Brad Clemenson, art director and creative services manager for Publications Services. Recipients are nominated and then selected by a committee, based on outstanding contributions to advertising, creative excellence and responsibility in areas of social concern.
Clemenson is a past president of AAF-ND, served on the board of directors for seven years and now is serving as the AAF District 8 Second Lieutenant Governor.
In addition, Dan Koeck, photographer for NDSU Publications Services, won a gold ADDY Award and a judge’s choice award for “Prairie Night Lights” photo, which was featured in the spring 2013 NDSU Magazine. The photo also won a silver award at the district level, which included entrants from North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Other winning entries for work completed in 2013 in the AAF-ND contest from Publications Services include:
Gold ADDY Awards
- Center for Child Development brochure, for the NDSU Center for Child Development
- NDSU Bison Arts Gala invitation, for NDSU Bison Arts
- NDSU Magazine
Silver ADDY Awards
- NDSU Faculty Lectureship campaign
- NDSU Admission brochure, for NDSU Office of Admission
- NDSU Homecoming 2013 campaign
- Residence Life poster campaign, for NDSU Residence Life
- NDSU “Learn” TV commercial
Publications Services staff recognized for their work include Clemenson, Koeck, Laura McDaniel, Janelle Kistner, Rebekka DeVries, Katie Elenberger, Kathy Laid, Morgan Davy and Dave Nilles.
Winning entries from Distance and Continuing Education include:
Gold ADDY Awards
- Distance and Continuing Education annual report, for NDSU Distance and Continuing Education
- TLGC brochure, for the Transportation Leadership Graduate Certificate program
- IDeaspace logo, for NDSU Distance and Continuing Education IDeaspace
- NDSU Executive Education, for NDSU Distance and Continuing Education
Silver ADDY Awards
- IDeaspace Share Ideas with the World, for NDSU Distance and Continuing Education IDeaspace
- NDSU Executive Education microsite, for NDSU Distance and Continuing Education
Distance and Continuing Education staff honored included Ludvik Herrera, Jason Gunkel, Connie Jadrny, Jamie Blazek, Julie Portillo and Saumya Singh.
The ADDY Awards are a three-tier national creative awards competition and a program of the American Advertising Federation. Each year, members from around the country enter more than 60,000 samples of their best work, making the ADDYs the world’s largest advertising competition. Gold winners from the North Dakota contest advanced to the District 8 competition, which includes all local winners from North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Gold winners at this level advance to the national competition.
Entries are judged in diverse categories, such as sales and promotion, interactive media, print, radio and television advertising, and categories for work completed by area college students.
A complete list of American Advertising Federation of North Dakota ADDY award winners is available at www.aaf-nd.org.
NDSU is recognized as one of the nation's top 108 public and private universities by the Carnegie Commission on Higher Education.