NDSU Ranching Workshop scheduled
The NDSU Extension Service has scheduled a Business Of Ranching workshop for June 13 to help early career ranchers and others gain the knowledge in such topics as strategic planning, marketing and controlling finances. The workshop will be held from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at NDSU's North Central Research Extension Center south of Minot, N.D.
BEEF magazine columnist Burke Teichert is scheduled to be the keynote speaker for the event. Drawing on his expertise and experience, Teichert will share his ranch planning ideas and discuss how to organize ranches to be cost-effective and successful.
Other workshop presenters are:
- Steve Metzger, North Dakota Farm Business Management instructor, Cranston
- Dwight Aakre, NDSU Extension farm management specialist
- Ryan Larsen, NDSU assistant professor of agribusiness and applied economics
- Ray Erbele, rancher in the Streeter, N.D., area and an active partner in the Napoleon Livestock Auction
- Amber Boeshans, livestock development specialist for the North Dakota Department of Agriculture
The cost of the workshop is $75, which includes a break and lunch.
The first 40 people to register will receive a $50 reimbursement through a grant from the North Dakota Corn Council. The registration deadline is June 6.
Make checks payable to the NDSU Extension Service, Ward County, and send registrations to Paige Brummund, Extension agent, at NDSU Extension Service, Ward County, P.O. Box 5005, Minot, ND 58702-5005.
NDSU is recognized as one of the nation's top 108 public and private universities by the Carnegie Commission on Higher Education.