Christina L.M. Hargiss, Ph.D.
- Wetland Ecology, Assessment, and Monitoring
- Environmental Education and Outreach
- Effects of energy development on natural resources in North Dakota
- Ph.D., Natural Resources Management, North Dakota State University, 2009
- MS, Natural Resources Management, North Dakota State University, 2005
- BS, Natural Resources Management, Biological Science Education, Comprehensive Science Education, North Dakota State University, 2003
- NRM 421/621 Environmental Outreach Methods
- NRM 431/631 National Environmental Policy Act/Environmental Assessment
- NRM 491/691 Senior Seminar
- NRM 450 Introduction to Natural Resources and Agro-ecosystems
- NRM 401/601 Urban Ecosystem Management
Estimating the Impact to Wetlands in Western North Dakota from Dust and Road Use Increases due to Energy Development
Similarities and Differences in Rural, Urban, and Inner-City Students
Understanding and Perceptions of Food Production, Recycling, and Open Space
The National Wetland Condition Assessment and North Dakota’s Intensification
- Hargiss, C.L.M. and E.S. DeKeyser. 2014. The Challenges of Conducting Environmental Research on Privately Owned Land. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 186(2): 979-985.
DeKeyser, E.S., M. Biondini, D. Kirby, and C. Hargiss. 2009. Low prairie plantcommunities as a function of disturbance: Physical parameters. Ecological Indicators 9:396-306.
Hargiss, C.L.M., E.S. DeKeyser, D.R. Kirby, and M.J. Ell. 2008. Regional assessment of wetland plant communities using the index of plant community integrity. Ecological Indicators 8: 303-307.
Melaas, C.L., K.D. Zimmer, M.G. Butler, and M.A. Hanson. 2001. Effects of rotenone on aquatic invertebrate communities in prairie wetlands. Hydrobiologia 459: 177-186.
Non-Peer Reviewed Publications:
Hargiss, C.L.M. 2009. Estimating Wetland Quality for the Missouri Coteau ecoregion in North Dakota. Ph.D. Dissertation. North Dakota State Universty, Fargo, ND. 162 pp.
Hargiss, C.L.M., E.S. DeKeyser, and D.R. Kirby. 2006. Evaluation of an IPCI for Assessing Wetland Plant Communities in the PPR. Technical Report ND06-02. North Dakota Water Resources Research Institute. Fargo, ND.
Hargiss, C.L.M., E.S. DeKeyser, and D.R. Kirby. 2006. Assessing Wetland Plant Communities in the Prairie Pothole Region. Annual Report. Central Grasslands Research Extension Center. Streeter, ND.
Hargiss, C.L.M. 2005. Evaluation of an index of plant community integrity for assessing wetland plant communities in the Prairie Pothole Region. M.S. Thesis. North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND. 116pp.
Meyers, L.M., E.S. DeKeyser, C.L.M. Hargiss, J.E. Norland, T. DeSutter, M. Ell. 2013. The <//span>North Dakota intensification of the NWCA. The Association of State Wetland Managers Annual State/Tribal/Federal Coordination Meeting, Shepherdstown, WV.
Hargiss, C.L.M.<//span> 2012. <//span>Sustainable Rangeland Management: Achieving a balance between traditional agricultural uses and non-agricultural uses. <//span>ND State Envirothon Competition Current Issue Topic Presentation. <//span>Crystal Springs, ND.
Hargiss, C.L.M., E.S. DeKeyser, J.E. Norland, T. DeSutter, L.M. Meyers, and M.J. Ell. <//span>2012. The North Dakota intensification of the NWCA: An endeavor in collaboration. <//span>Annual Society of Wetland Scientists Conference. <//span>Orlando, FL.
Hargiss, C.L.M. 2012. <//span>The Red River: A Clearer Understanding. <//span>Fargo-Moorhead Communiversity Series. <//span>Moorhead, MN.
DeKeyser, S., C. Hargiss, and M. Ell. <//span>2012. <//span>Preliminary results from the North Dakota intensification of the National Wetland Condition Assessment. <//span>National Water Quality Monitoring Council, Eighth National Monitoring Conference, Water: <//span>One Resource – Shared Effort – Common Future. <//span>May. <//span>Portland, OR.
DeKeyser, E.S., C.L.M. Hargiss, L.M. Meyers, and M.J. Ell. <//span>2012. <//span>The development of a multiple collaborator venture connected to the national wetland condition assessment in North Dakota. <//span>North Dakota Water Quality Monitoring Conference. Bismarck, ND.
Hargiss, C.L.M. 2011. Biological Assessment and Monitoring of Wetlands in the Prairie Pothole Region. Annual Meeting of the Society for Range Management, Billings, MT.
Hargiss, C.L.M. 2010. Comparison of Three Tiered Wetland Assessment Methods. Minnesota Wetlands Conference, St. Paul, MN
- National Science Teachers Association (2009-Present)
- Society of Wetland Scientists (2008-present)
- ND Coalition for Conservation and Environmental Education (2006-present)
- ND State Envirothon Committee (2006-present)
- Society for Range Management (2005-present)
- River Keepers (2004-Present)