2014 Gero Nursing Conference: Geriatric Education for Reframing Outcomes
The NDSU Department of Nursing is co-sponsored the first “GERO Nursing Conference: Geriatric Education for Reframing Outcomes,” April 11, at the Dakota Medical Foundation in Fargo. Conference funding is provided by Partners Investing in Nursing Gerontology Consortium Project, Partners Investing in Nursing’s Future, Northwest Health Foundation and Dakota Medical Foundation.
- Describe the knowledge, skills, and attitudes associated with nine competencies for nursing care of older adults.
- Apply teaching and learning strategies that can be used with nursing students and nursing staff to achieve competencies in nursing care of older adults.
- Describe a community-based approach to reduce readmission rates of patients with heart failure utilizing improved coordination between care settings and evidence-based practice.
- Discuss strategies and best practices to facilitate a positive culture change in the workplace through mentoring experiences for student nurses.
- Discuss depression, dementia, and delirium and appropriate management for disorientation.
- Explore strategies to implement conference objectives into the work place through participation in a Gallery Walk.