2013 Instructions for Application to the Nursing Major
- Application to the NDSU nursing program is accepted only from a student who has been admitted to NDSU and is a pre-nursing student. Students not previously enrolled at NDSU must apply both to NDSU (with a NDSU Application for Admission) and to the professional major (with the Supplemental Nursing Application form).
- Applications for the Nursing Major can be downloaded from the Nursing website. Applications are then submitted online through directiions on the nursing website. A receipt of submission will be received once the application is submitted.
- Current official transcripts from all schools attended during and after high school must be on file in the Office of Registration & Records.
- Two references are required. Provide the Reference Form to the person you are asking to complete a reference. It is appropriate to include a stamped envelope, addressed to the address given below, with the Reference Form. Please have reference sign the seal of the envelope.
- Applicants will be required to complete an essay prior to MAY 20. To sign-up for a time to complete the essay as well as additional information about the essay, please see additional information posted
- Completion of the Certified Background Check. See instructions on the website. Results are received by the Nursing Department – you do not need to contact us once completed
- All application materials must be postmarked by the nursing department MAY 20. It is the applicant’s responsibility to verify that all application materials have been received by the nursing office by the deadline.
- Applicants can withdraw application from consideration at any time prior to MAY 20. Please contact the Nursing Department to withdraw an application that has been uploaded.
The following checklist may be helpful in completing your application:
- Application to the Nursing Program (submitted online at:
- Application Fee of $50: Check or money order payable to Department of Nursing
- Transcripts on file at the Office of Registration and Records
- Reference #1
- Reference #2
- Completed essay
- Completion of the Certified Background Check
- An interview may be requested. If so, you will be notified.