Pathways to Nursing: Sharing Our Journeys
The Pathways to Nursing: Sharing Our Journeys conference was held May 20-21, 2014, at the Ramada Hotel in Bismarck, ND. The conference's main objectives were:
- Explore the historical context of tribal colleges in North Dakota.
- Discuss strategies for mentoring American Indian college students.
- Share individual and unique personal and professional pathways.
- Discuss recommendations for or possible nursing contributions to policy, research, administration, education, advanced practice, public health, Public Health Service Commission Corps, and other practice settings.
- Facilitate networking opportunities for American Indian students, nurse educators, and employers.
- Discuss the past, present, and future needs of American Indian nurses related to employment and education.
Mary Wakefield, PhD, RN, FAAN, spoke the first day of the conference . Wakefield is Administrator of Health Resources and Services Admin. at the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services. You can view the webcast at: http://services.choruscall.com/links/hrsa140520.html
Below are pictures from the event.