Facts and Figures (As of Fall 2013)
Fall 2013 Enrollment
Data from 4th week (September 24) enrollment numbers.
11, 629 degree seeking Undergraduates students
346 degree seeking Professional students
1,927 degree seeking Graduate students
727 NDSU Special students (Tri-College, Collaborative, & Non-Degree Students)
Total Enrollment: 14,629
Of the 14,629 students, 2,553 are First Time Freshman.
For detailed enrollment reports for the Fall 2013 semester, please visit the Registration and Records site.
Distance and Continuing Education (DCE)
Fall Semester 2013 4th Week Breakdown - Unduplicated Headcount unless indicated.
930 Students in distance based activity (DCE) only, regardless of whether offered as a NDSU DE or a DCE DE class.
842 Students who were only in DCE DE classes.
4,238 Students in distance based activity, regardless of whether offered as a NDSU DE or a DCE DE class. This number includes students who could have been in on-campus/traditional classroom courses as well.
3,396 Students in distance based activity, enrolled in only DCE DE classes. This number includes students who could have been in on-campus/traditional classroom courses as well.
North Dakota Residents
Other States/ U.S. Citizen
Fall 2013 students (of all 14,629)
Student Data from 4th Week Enrollment Reports September 2013.
Alumni Data from NDSU Alumni Association March and April 2013.
Enrollment by College
Fall 2013 enrollment numbers (Fall 2012 enrollment in parentheses):
Totals for each College include Undergraduate, Professional, & Graduate Students
- *College of Engineering -- 2,375 (2,788)
- *College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences -- 2,012 (1,767)
- College of Science and Mathematics -- 1,873 (1,885)
- College of Human Development and Education -- 1,831 (1,816)
- College of Agriculture, Food Systems, & Natural Resources -- 1,777 (1,642)
- College of Pharmacy, Nursing & Allied Sciences --1,678 (1,716)
- College of Business --1,485 (1,475)
- Tri-College, Collaborative and Non-Degree Students - 727 (557)
- College of University Studies -- 675 (623)
- **Graduate & Interdisciplinary Studies -- 196 (174)
- *Architecture and Landscape Architecture moved to the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. College of Engineering and Architecture renamed College of Engineering.
- **Enrollment consists of only Graduate Students.
Fall 2013 Personnel Statistical Profile of NDSU
- 6,238 total employees, all categories, (2,573 full-time, 3,665 part-time)
- 78 Administrators
- 726 Ranked Faculty and Lecturers
- 195 Part-Time Academic Staff
- 936 Graduate Assistants and Fellows
- 60 Program Administrators and Coaches,
- 246 Extension Educators, Experiment Station and Other Researchers
- 1,463 Professional, Technical, Office, Trades, and Service Staff
- 2,534 Temporary Workers (including students)
Data from Human Resources/Payroll 9/30/2013 pay period end date.