Quick Facts (As of Fall 2012)
Location and Scope
Location: Fargo, North Dakota
Scope: Student Focused - Land Grant - Research University
Fall 2012 Enrollment
Data from 4th week (September 18) enrollment numbers.
11, 683 degree seeking Undergraduates students
344 degree seeking Professional students
1,859 degree seeking Graduate students
557 NDSU Special students (Tri-College, Collaborative, & Non-Degree Students)
Total Enrollment: 14,443
Of the 14,443 students, 2,441 are First Time Freshman.
3,846 Distance Education registrants (for credit)
26 Distance Education registrants (non-credit)
For detailed enrollment reports for the Fall 2012 semester, please visit the Registration and Records site.
North Dakota Residents
Other States/ U.S. Citizen
Fall 2012 students
Student Data from 4th Week Enrollment Reports September 2012.
Alumni Data from NDSU Alumni Association January 2012.
Enrollment by College
Fall 2012 enrollment numbers (Fall 2011 enrollment in parentheses):
Totals for each College include Undergraduate, Professional, & Graduate Students
- College of Engineering and Architecture -- 2,788 (2,804)
- College of Science and Mathematics -- 1,885 (1,819)
- College of Human Development and Education -- 1,816 (1,728)
- College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences -- 1,767 (1,725)
- College of Pharmacy, Nursing & Allied Sciences --1,716 (1,661)
- College of Agriculture, Food Systems, & Natural Resources -- 1,642 (1,538)
- College of Business --1,475 (1,541)
- College of University Studies -- 623 (756)
- Tri-College, Collaborative and Non-Degree Students - 557 (633)
- *Graduate & Interdisciplinary Studies 174 (194)
- *Enrollment consists of only Graduate Students
- 102 Bachelors programs
- 67 Masters programs
- 45 Doctoral programs
- 2 Professional Doctorate program
- 1 Specialist program
- 17 Certificate programs (6 Undergraduate, 11 Graduate)
- 79 Minor programs
A complete list of programs offered at NDSU can be viewed online at www.ndsu.edu/majors.
Tuition and Fees
For information on tuition and fees, please visit Bison Connection.
Student Faculty Ratio
Fall 2012 Statistical Profile of NDSU
- 5,921 total employees, all categories, (2,514 full-time, 3,407 part-time)
- 83 Administrators
- 692 Ranked Faculty and Lecturers
- 53 Program Administrators and Coaches
- 201 Part-Time Academic Staff
- 873 Graduate Assistants and Fellows
- 237 Extension Educators & Experiment Station & Other Researchers
- 1,449 Professional, Technical, Office, Trades, and Service Staff
- 2,333 Temporary Workers (including students)
Data from Human Resources/Payroll 9/30/2012 pay period end date.
- The NDSU campus in Fargo consists of 119 buildings on approximately 42 square blocks or 258 acres. The campus has expanded into downtown Fargo, and is a small city within itself.
- NDSU is located on 18,746 acres of North Dakota land, which includes the main Agricultural Experiment Station in Fargo and eight research centers throughout the state.
NDSU operates on a semester system consisting of two 16-week fall and spring semesters, including final examination weeks. A 12-week summer session is offered, and includes standard 4-week and 8-week courses. Variable-length, short-term courses are also offered each semester, however, the total contact (class) hours are the same as the regular semesters.
Fall and Spring Semester calendar schedules are identical for all eleven North Dakota University System universities and colleges.
Other Affiliated Organizations
Information about NDSU Centers & Institutes can be found at www.ndsu.edu/research/centers_and_institutes.html.