HRMS - Getting Security Access
Data privacy training is required before requesting access to the PeopleSoft HRMS environment.
- Data Privacy Training The NDUS username and password are the same credentials that you use to log into the Peoplesoft systems (HR, Campus Connection).
- Alternatively, trainees can use this url to log in: Trainee Login Directions will guide you through the thirteen questions. Be sure to "Submit" and "Finish" the training or the results will not b saved.
- Once you are logged in, under the Courses you want to select: "NDUS Employee Development" and then "NDUS Data Privacy Training" and follow the directions on the screen.
- Visit NDUS Claim, if you don't know your NDUS username and/or password or if you haven't claimed it yet.
Please have your Dean or Director send an email requesting access to:email@example.com
Please include the following information:
- Full Name including middle initial
- Campus phone number
- Campus email
- Empl ID number
- Department Number(s)
- Roles required (See below for a list of available roles)
Available Security Roles
There are varying degrees of security access to the HRMS system. Please have your Dean or Director indicate which of the roles below are necessary for you in your position at NDSU.
Role: Department Administration
Ablility to access information regarding employees/positions in their department/college:
- Defining information about departmental positions
- Job information, including salary, regarding departmental employees
- Departmental employee leave balances
- Review the department’s position budget
- Review the account codes for salary and benefits expenditures used by the department
- Review employee’s additional pay
- Review name and address information about departmental employees
- View employee emergency contact information
- Run reports
- HE Actuals: funding sources/accounts for salary/fringe expenses
- HE Leave Accrual: leave earned, taken and balances for department employees
- HE Pay Register 2: review payroll prior to the final calculation
- Gross and Fringe: funding, fringes, retros
Role: Department Lookup
Access information regarding employees/positions in their department/college:
- Find each employee’s EmplID
- View job information, including position number(s), supervisor, location, job family, FTE
Role: Time Entry
Access time entry information regarding employees/positions in their department/college:
- Enter leave data for benefitted employees
- Enter hours worked for timeslip employees
- Enter other earnings, such as overtime hours for salaried non-exempt staff
Role: Faculty Events
Academic Affairs Department Heads and/or Administrative Support Staff
Employees within this role can access the following information regarding employees/positions in their department/college:
- View tenure data
Trouble Logging In?
Contact the NDUS Help Desk to submit an online help ticket or call 1-866-457-6387.