North Dakota State University School of Music
Edwin Fissinger Choral Composition Prizes
The North Dakota State University School of Music honors the legacy and traditions of noted choral composer and long-time NDSU choral conductor Edwin Fissinger with its annual composition competition.
Dates, Deadlines, Details:
- Score Submission: May 1, 2013
- Announcement of winners: June 1, 2013
- Premiere of winning composition: October 2013
- Application fee: $25 per composition entered
Entries should be:
- For mixed choir (SATB)
- Unaccompanied or with keyboard accompaniment
- Three to five minutes in length
- Original, not previously performed publicly, and unpublished. Text may be sacred or secular, either in public domain or copyrighted, as long as a letter of permission from the copyright owner is included with submission.
- Suitable for an accomplished high school or university choir.
- First prize: $1,000
- Second prize: $500
- The composer of the first prize work must be present at the premiere performance in October 2013. NDSU will reimburse actual travel, lodging and food expenses up to $750.
Additional Details and Submission Guidelines: