Applying for Graduate Programs in Music
After reviewing these web pages and communicating with the faculty members associated with your graduate degree program, we encourage you to complete the following:
- Notify the Director of Graduate Study, Dr. Jo Ann Miller, of your intention to apply.
- Secure three recommendations from those familiar with your experiences as a musician.
- Secure official copies of all transcripts.
- Find a sample of your academic writing style, either from a paper or project.
- Complete your online application at the NDSU Graduate School.
For applicants in performance and conducting, an on-campus visit and audition are required. Following acceptance into the program, applicants will complete a diagnostic exam, which will be used by advisors to plan appropriate coursework.