Choral Conducting Graduate Degrees
You've reached that point where you desire in depth knowledge about the choral pieces you've sung and conducted. Our graduate degrees in choral conducting provide a comprehensive scholastic background and opportunities for hands-on experience with conducting techniques with our six choral ensembles. Our students also have the opportunity to learn from visiting artists, most recently, Dale Warland.
- Course requirements - Master of Music | Doctor of Musical Arts
- Degree professors
- Information about the Fargo Moorhead area
- Application process / What is the next step?
- Complete your application with the graduate school
- Preference will be given to applications completed by February 1
- After choral faculty have reviewed your application you will be contacted by Dr. Jo Ann Miller
- If you are invited to campus for an audition/interview it will be scheduled at this point.
- Your audition will be with the NDSU Concert Choir
- Warmup the choir
- Conduct one piece straight through
- Rehearse another piece
- Total time with the choir – 20-30 minutes
- Interview will be with choral faculty.
- Other activities on the day of your audition will include:
- Meeting with other graduate students
- Meeting with other faculty members
- Meeting with the School of Music administration