Students Place at State Competition
November 15, 2012
The NDSU School of Music is pleased to announce the placement of several students during the recent Minnesota National Association of Teachers of Singing (MN NATS) state competition, held November 2-3 in Collegeville, MN.
- Anna Tescher (Fargo, ND), first place, Division III, freshman women
- Tyler Raad (Spearfish, SD), third place, Division XI, graduate division
- Robert Frasier (Grand Forks, ND), first place, Division XII, adult avocational
- Tylen Bultema (Fargo, ND), Division V, sophomore women
- Robert Kringler (Fargo, ND), Division VI, sophomore men
- Joseph Brauer (Grand Forks, ND), Division VIII, junior men
- Travis Bregier (West Fargo, ND), Division X, senior men
Students prepare with private instructors for the competition, which is held annually in Collegeville, MN. Undergraduate students prepare a ten-minute program of classical songs of different languages, styles, and periods while graduate students must prepare a 20-minute program.
The mission of the National Association of Teachers of Singing is to encourage the highest standards of the vocal art and ethical principles in the teaching of singing; and to promote vocal education and research at all levels.