Students Place in Minnesota Competition
November 18, 2013
The NDSU Challey School of Music is pleased to announce the placement of several students during the recent Minnesota National Association of Teachers of Singing (MN NATS) state competition, held November 1-2 at St. John’s University in Collegeville, MN.
- Anna Tescher (Fargo, ND), second place, Division 5, sophomore women
- Alyssa Impullitti (South Lyon, MI), third place, Division 3, freshmen women
- Alex Hovey (Grand Forks, ND), Division 10, senior men
- Michael Petyo (Coon Rapids, MN), Division 10, senior men
- Richard Schrom (Roseville, MN), Division 8, junior men
Students prepare with private instructors for the competition, which is held annually in Collegeville, MN. Undergraduate students prepare a ten-minute program of classical songs of different languages, styles, and periods while graduate students must prepare a 20-minute program.
The mission of the National Association of Teachers of Singing is to encourage the highest standards of the vocal art and ethical principles in the teaching of singing; and to promote vocal education and research at all levels.