Consensus on 8-14-07
Our college leads the advancement of healthcare for the benefit of society through innovation, growth and excellence in teaching, research, practice and service.
Indicators that we are moving toward our Vision:
- Students and graduates are developed and sought after as caring, competent, and ethical healthcare professionals and researchers.
- Graduates have a high level of achievement as measured by licensure and certification exams and job placement.
- Faculty are recognized for best practices in teaching, continuous curriculum improvement, and as leaders by discipline-related organizations.
- The college is nationally recognized for innovations in rural healthcare.
- Faculty and graduates discover and disseminate new knowledge as demonstrated by funded research, scholarly publications, and innovative product and practice development.
- Alumni are recognized for a high level of achievement, involvement in professional organizations, and contributions to their disciplines.
- Faculty have the resources of staff, time, space, and money to accomplish excellence in teaching, research, practice and service.
- Our impact will be local, national and global.
Consensus on 8-14-07
Our mission is to educate students and advance research and professional service in pharmacy, nursing, and allied sciences.
We will accomplish this by:
- Fostering a culture that values competency, caring, ethics, and professionalism.
- Delivering an effective curriculum that prepares students to work in diverse settings.
- Collaborating with key partners and stakeholders to enhance teaching, research, practice, professional experience, and service opportunities.
- Utilizing interdisciplinary approaches in teaching, research, practice and service efforts.
- Providing professional development opportunities for faculty, staff, students and alumni.
- Securing financial, physical, and human resources to engage in effective teaching, research, practice, and service.
- Improving the quality of research and scholarship.
- Developing health care professionals to meet the health care needs of the state, region, nation, and world.
Our College promotes a diverse environment where students, faculty, and staff can achieve their maximum potential; where academic freedom is protected; where collegiality is practiced; where individuals and ideas are welcomed and respected; where students and learning are paramount; where cultural diversity and competence are desired; and where industry and innovation are recognized and valued.
Serving the health care needs of the citizens of North Dakota is our primary goal through having quality people and programs that positively impact the advancement of health care knowledge and practices in the state, region, nation, and world.
Our College strives to be a center of excellence within the University and the state and is committed to continuous quality improvement of its curriculum, programs, and people.
Professionalism and Ethics
Our College values and promotes professionalism and ethics in all its people, programs, and endeavors including fostering an environment where students, faculty, and staff serve as role models in the profession and community by representing the highest standards of professional and ethical behavior. Honesty, integrity, and collegiality guide all interactions with students, faculty, staff, administration, peers, and the public.
Knowledge, Teaching, and Learning
Our College is committed to the pharmacy, nursing, and allied sciences professions and to society for creating, communicating, and applying knowledge about the latest advances in health care in its respective disciplines. It endeavors to provide an environment open to free exchange of ideas, where professionalism, innovation, scholarship, and learning can flourish.
Research and Scholarship
Our College is committed to creating new knowledge; incorporating discovery, teaching, integration, and application as integral and complementary components of research and scholarship.
Our College believes that the primary purpose of its respective disciplines is to deliver patient-focused care to improve the overall health and quality of life of patients they serve.
Interdisciplinary Team Approach
Our College recognizes and values an interdisciplinary team approach to patient care, education, and research where each discipline works collaboratively to attain greater knowledge, expertise, and outcomes than what they are capable of accomplishing individually.