About the Department
The Department of Pharmacy Practice strives to provide students with the skills necessary to practice pharmaceutical care upon entering the profession regardless of the practice environment. The goal of pharmaceutical care is to improve an individual patient's quality of life through achievement of definite, medication-related therapeutic outcomes.
Pharmacy Practice faculty take care of patients and precept pharmacy students at a variety of sites including:
- Sanford Health (north and south campuses), Fargo, ND
- St. Alexius Hospital, Bismarck, ND
- Lake Region Healthcare, Fergus Falls, MN
- Oakes medical centers, Oakes, ND
- Family Health Center, Fargo, ND
- NDSU Student Health Service, Fargo, ND
The Department of Pharmacy Practice also serves as a resource to practitioners by providing continuing pharmaceutical education. Other outreach activities include the North Dakota Institute for Pharmaceutical Care, and several affilated residency programs in pharmacy practice.
Pharmacy Practice Faculty and Staff