Members include individuals with a variety of experience and training. The membership consists of approximately 35 professionals.
There are six different classes of membership.
- Member is an individual that meets one of the following qualifications (annual dues $20):
- A registered professional soil classifier, registered under the laws of the State of North Dakota.
- A registered professional soil classifier, registered under the laws of any state or territory, meeting the qualifications to register as a professional soil classifier in North Dakota, and a resident of the State of North Dakota.
- Associate Member is a nonregistered soil classifier but otherwise is qualified for registration or a soil classifier-in-training or qualified to be registered as a soil classifier-in-training or practicing soil classifying but not qualified to be registered as a soil classifier-in-training (annual dues $20).
- Student Member is an undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a soil science curriculum approved by the PSCAND (annual dues $10).
- Honorary Member is an individual bestowed membership by the PSCAND based on outstanding contributions to Soil Science (no dues).
- Life Member is an individual that qualifies as a Member and is bestowed life membership by the PSCAND based on outstanding contributions to Soil Science (no dues).
- Affiliate Member is an individual that does not qualify under 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 but desires to participate in the advancement of Soil Science (annual dues $20).
Annual dues are collected by the Secretary-Treasurer.
How to Gain Membership
Individual seeking membership in the PSCAND will submit to the Board of Directors an application accompanied by a statement of academic background and professional experience. Download an application form in MS Excel format.
The PSCAND Board of Directors will determine the appropriate class of membership.
A candidate for honorary or life membership may be nominated by any class of membership during the annual PSCAND meeting. The candidate must be approved by a majority vote of the PSCAND membership.
All classes of members may attend the PSCAND meetings and participate in its business. All classes of members except for Honorary members, may serve on standing and special committees.
Only Members may participate on the PSCAND Board or may be nominated for appointment to the ND State Board of Registration for Professional Soil Classifiers.
Only Members and Associate Members may vote on nominees for the PSCAND Board or candidates for the ND State Board of Registration.