Cell Growth, Cancer and Oncogenes
How Oncogenes Cause Cancer
Tumor Suppressor Genes
Cancer Genes in the Human Genome
Cell Cycle and Cancer WWW Links
Copyright © 1997. Phillip McClean
- What are the factors that control the cells entry into the M-phase of the cell cycle?
- How have cdc mutants been helpful in determing
- What cellular events are associated with the dephoshporylation of the p34 protein kinase during the yeast cell cycle?
- Discuss the features of the universal control mechanism regulating entry into the M-phase of the cell cycle?
- Describe the structural features of a "typical" retrovirus?
- What different functions have been attributed to the oncogenes found in different retroviruses?
- How was it determined that the human genome contains counterparts to the oncogenes found in retroviruses?
- Discuss the different molecular mechanisms that have been shown to activate the expression of human oncogenes.
- What role is played by the retinoblastoma and p53 tumor suppressor gene in controlling the onset of cance?