The Transcription Complex
Basic Cis-acting Sequences
Enhancers and Silencers
Signaling Control of Transcription
Hormonal Control of Gene Expression
Signal Transduction Pathways
Control of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes WWW Links
Copyright © 1997. Phillip McClean
- Describe the roles of cis-acting sequences and trans-acting factors in the control of eukaryotic gene expression.
- What transcription factors are required for the successful transcription of eukaryotic DNA by RNA polymerase II?
- Describe the relationship between the promoter, CCAAT box, GC box, enhancers and silencers.
- What specific role might methylation play in the control of eukaryotic gene expression?
- How was it determined that trans-acting factors have two functional domains?
- Describe several classes of eukaryotic trans-acting factors.
- Discuss the relationship between the ligand and receptor protein during the activation of gene expression via phophorylation.