The lac Operon - an inducible system
The trp Operon - a repressible system
Prokaryotic Gene Expression WWW Links
Copyright © 1997. Phillip McClean
- What is the difference between a repressible and inducible genetic systems?
- How does the presence of lactose change the expression of the genes in the lac opreon?
- Define the term operon? effector molecule? constiutive mutant?
- Contrast catabolite repression and induction of the lac opreon.
- How does the presence of tryptophan change the expression of the genes in the trp opreon?
- Discuss the role of the trp opreon leader sequence in the expression of this genetic system.
- What is the attenuator sequence, and how is it important attenuation of expression of the trp opreon?