Exercise One: The best of AP style
Edit the following to conform to AP style based on the class reading. Proofread for typos.
1. Irving Nern comes from Minn., but now lives at 501 Thirteenth St. E., Bismarck, North Dakota.
2. PRSSA will hold its first meeting of the semester Friday in Minard Hall 201 at 7 p.m
3. Senator Kent Conrad will appear at a town hall meeting to discuss a two percent tax to be applied to N.D. wine sales.
4. Brittany paid $80.00 for her editing text, but received only $4 dollars at the resale desk.
5. According to state law, bars will become smoke free on February 15th.
6. Students will be assessed $1000 each to fund the university's $2,500,000 asbestos abatement plan.
7. A new Ebay consignment story at 1,502 Fifteenth Avenue South, Moorhead, promises to accept student textbooks for resale.
8. We'll give 2 shiny red apples to Pres. Dean Bresciani, in hopes of getting twice sa good grades.
9. He will leave the university at 12 midnight, and hopes to reach Sioux Falls, SD, before 4:00 AM.
10. Irving Nern, Superintendent of Schools, has announced five resignations in the History Department.
11. Governor Jack Dalrymple has announced new statistics showing North Dakota has the lowest crime rate in the U.S.
12. He used to live on campus, but on Mon. he moved to a new apartment on College St.
13. Irving Nern's web site includes a study guide.
14. The Professor suggested students should donate .50 to charity for each time they write OMG on Facebook.
15. The eight year old already studies advanced calculus and composes catchy tunes for Katy Perry.