- Policy 713
- Section 713: Records Retention
ND Century Code
The North Dakota Century Code contains several sections relevant to records management. As usual, any legal questions should be directed to the NDSU General Counsel, Rick Johnson.
- NDCC 54-46 Records Management
- This chapter defines a state record and the process to be used to manage records.
- NDCC 44-04-18 Access to public records - Electronically stored information
- This section (it starts on page 4 of chapter 44-04) deals with open records, confidential information, etc. Definitions are in section 17.1.
- NDCC 12.1-11-05 Tampering with public records
- This section (page 2) of the Criminal Code establishes penalties for tampering with public records.
- NDCC 55-02.1-05 Depositories of archival resources
- This section provides for agreements between the state historical society and state universities to serve as regional depositories (e.g., the NDSU archives).
ND Records Management Program
A great deal of information is available on the Records Management Services Web site of Information Technology Services: http://www.nd.gov/itd/services/records-management. Here are some examples: