Changes in Registration
When you change your schedule by dropping or adding courses, you are changing your registration.
- Refund deadlines: Refer to the Customer Account Services for the deadlines on refunds and accounts receivable adjustments.
- Drop or swap courses via Campus Connection: If you registered online, you may drop/add courses online at any time when the system is available.
- Students who drop credits after the seventh day of a semester may affect their future financial aid eligibility whether or not they currently receive financial aid.
- Students in Varsity athletics who drop credits may change their eligibility status.
See Variable Length Session Drop/Add Deadlines for last days to add and drop courses with and without record.
Registration and refund deadlines for courses shorter than the standard session are prorated based on the length of the course.
Change Sections of a Course
To change from one section of a course to another, students must process an official drop/add according to the above deadlines and procedures.
Drops for Non-Attendance/Instructor Initiated Drops
Students are responsible for officially dropping a course. It is NOT true that if you miss the first class meeting(s) of a course, the instructor will automatically drop you from the class roll. Instructors have the option of dropping students who do not show up for the first class or two, but they are not required to do so, and most do not use the option.
Courses that may utilize instructor initiated drops are noted in the Schedule of Classes in Class Notes. No notation indicates that the policy is not used. (Use Campus Connection to review your schedule periodically.)
Audit and Pass/Fail Options
Audit and pass/fail options must be processed in 110 Ceres Hall. The online registration system does not process these options. An audit request must be accompanied by a goldenrod permit, with the permit indicating in the appropriate area that the course is to be taken for audit. A request for pass/fail must be accompanied by the Pass/Fail Form.
- See semester dates and deadlines for appropriate deadlines.
- Once an audit or a pass/fail request has been processed it CAN NOT be reversed; therefore, please check your program requirements carefully.
Note: When applicable, students who register for courses for credit, then change to audit status, must complete the transaction in 110 Ceres Hall before the date to drop courses at 100%, to be eligible for a tuition/fee refund.