Business Development & Industrial Relations
As Associate Vice President for Business Development & Industrial Relations, Mr. Anderson fosters research and development partnerships to collaborate with industry, utilizing federal, state, and private sector funding. He is responsible for oversight of several State of North Dakota Economic Development Centers of Excellence (ED-COE) at NDSU that are focused on Research and Development collaborations with the private sector to promote economic development in the state.
As Associate Vice President for Business Development & Industrial Relations, Dennis Anderson engages in activities to:
- Lead business development to create and implement new partnerships with federal, state, and private sector parties (in conjunction with the NDSU Research Foundation and NDSU Research & Technology Park).
- Assist in procuring funding from federal agencies, state programs, and private sector parties for various research centers operated by RCATT and other university units.
- Procure funding from State of North Dakota’s Economic Development Centers of Excellence (ED-COE) program for NDSU centers.
- Assist with oversight of the Center for Computer-Assisted Science and Technology (CCAST), Center for Nanoscale Science and Engineering (CNSE), Center for Nanoscale Energy Research (CNERM) and five Economic Development Centers of Excellence centers operated by RCATT.
- Assist RCATT research scientists and other university units in procuring sponsored research funding from industry and assist with negotiation of associated research agreements. This includes leading negotiations with potential private sector partners for all Economic Development Centers of Excellence.
- Assist Office of Technology Transfer and Sponsored Programs Administration with related agreements with industrial and other private sector parties.