Next to the Memorial Union and Ceres Hall
- For women (first-year students only)
- Double rooms
- Large main floor TV and study lounge
- Second and third floor lounge provide extra study areas
- Meal plan required for all residents
- New mattresses - 2011
- Junior loft beds
- Mailing address information
To see a rendering of a sample two-student room in Dinan, please click below:
Dinan double room.
Dinan Hall History
To relieve the pressure of additional housing on campus a new women's residence hall was built in 1954. The completed structure was a three-story building that housed 164 women in double room assignments. The first floor contained the room of the Head Resident, a lounge, two guest rooms, a kitchenette and pressing room, and resident rooms. The second and third floors contained the resident rooms as well as a kitchenette, a pressing room and a study room (NDAC Catalog 1956-1957, p. 41).
In 1957, the Women's Residence Hall was renamed Dinan Hall in honor of Pearl Dinan, Professor of English and Dean of Women. Dean Dinan came to the Agricultural College in 1910, after receiving her bachelor's degree in English from the University of Wisconsin, and was appointed Instructor in English. In 1926, she received her master's degree from Columbia and was made Professor of English and appointed Dean of Women.