- Near 15th Avenue North and Albrecht Boulevard
- For men and women (first-year students only)
- Four "houses" with men and women on separate floors
- Two double rooms share a common foyer with shower and toilet facilities
- Limited single rooms
- 24-hour computer cluster on lower level of dining center
- Connected to West Dining Center by tunnels (meal plan required for all residents)
- New lounge furniture - 2012
- Standard metal beds
- Mailing address information
Thompson Hall is home to the Pharmacy, Nursing, and Allied Science House. This community is available for students who are majoring in the College of PNAS. The College of Pharmacy, Nursing, and Allied Sciences supports this house by assisting in the recruitment of house members and facilitating programs throughout the year focusing on student success. Thompson is also home to the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences (AHSS) House. Students with majors within the college of AHSS may choose to live in this learning community. More information about the PNAS and AHSS Communities, as well as other special learning environments, may be found here.
To see a rendering of a sample two-student room in Thompson please click below:
Floor plan for Thompson double room.
Floor plan for Thompson single room.
Thompson Hall History
Thompson Hall was one of the two high-rises to be built on the NDSU campus in 1967 as part of the "Gemini Project." The "Gemini Project" was the construction of two identical high-rises (the other being Severinson Hall). The high-rise is a nine-story structure that houses 272 students.
In 1969, the high-rise was named Thompson Hall in honor of Matilda Thompson, Dean of Women from 1957 to 1963. Thompson earned a degree in teaching from Valley City Teachers College in 1915 and a bachelor's degree in chemistry and natural sciences from NDAC (SU) in 1921. In 1929, she earned a master's degree in mathematics and guidance from Columbia University.
After teaching high school for a six year period, with a two year interruption while attending NDAC, Thompson joined the NDAC faculty in 1923 as an instructor in mathematics and rose to the rank of full professor in 1958. In 1957, Thompson was made Dean of Women. She resigned in 1963 as Dean of Women and returned to teaching mathematics. Thompson retired in 1965.